I often beat myself up about what I get done at the weekend. I reach the close, the darkness of Sunday night, and wonder where all the time went. In that moment, I often also wondered what I managed to do with it all – and yet come out the other end with nothing much to show for it.
Well, OK… Despite the fact that I still feel like I haven’t done anywhere near enough with this weekend – and all too much of what I did do took place inside… I must admit I didn’t waste my time.
- Drew a badge image for new Mythos All Rolled Up
- Retouched three pictures for custom All Rolled Up
- Created and cut out a bunch of badges for ARU
- Recorded an explanation of the Tiny ARU for YouTube
- Promoted All Rolled Up’s presence at UK Games Expo on G+, Facebook and Twitter
- Made 5-minute banana muffins (which actually take 15 minutes – including cooling time – but taste strangely fine and have gone down really well around my place!)
- Repotted a runner bean (and watered the rest)
- Walked to the library
- Hoovered the carpet in the kitchen (after haircuts!)
- Exercised a bit on Friday (weekend off)
- Hung a new shower curtain
- Managed to get outside (but not enough… not nearly enough)
- Had breakfast outside, this morning, with my wife
- Watched three episodes of Parks & Recreation, with my wife (we’re really enjoying this series – accessed through Amazon Prime Instant Video… Definitely worth a look)
- Managed to hit page 200 of The Satan Bug (leisure reading)
I’m certain I could have done more – but, what’s the point of thinking that way. If I have achieved one thing, that’s something. As I achieved several more than one, then I should be patting myself on the back.
I suspect I’m beating myself up because we have less than two weeks now until UK Games Expo and my wife and I have a lot of stuff to prepare before then. Perhaps a Bank Holiday (this coming weekend) will be a benefit in our cause to get stuff done.